In this part, I will introduce the best video converter software.
The best free video converter can convert videos to 1000+ formats and devices fast. 100% free, safe and clean.
Click the link to download: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/download/hd-video-converter.exe
1. The best video converter for PC. Completely free, clean and no third-party software bundled;
2. It has a user-friendly interface, easy to handle;
3. Output video & audio to numerous digital formats including many rare formats; Keep regular upgrades (e.g. it adds output profile support for the latest iPhone, iPad, Samsung devices, etc.);
4. Faster converting speed than other video converters, tested on Windows 7/10/11;
5. Improve video quality from SD to HD;
6. Download 1080P/4K/8K videos, playlists and channels from YouTube and other 1000+ video sites;
7. Customize your favorite video with editing function: crop/split/join/rotate video, compress video without losing quality, extract audio from video;
8. Special smart-fit settings for video and audio enhancement;
9. 3-simple-step converting process and no watermark on the converted videos;
10. Convert video to 300+ formats and profiles (YouTube, phone, tablet, TV, game console, PC, Projector) with optimal parameters;
11. Save favorite settings or custom profiles for future use.
You can download only 100 online videos with the free downloader.
To learn more on this best free converter, you can read the step-by-step tutorial at the end of this review or visit the official site below:
As one of the best free video converters, Any Video Converter Free can help you convert and download videos easily.
2. Import audio CD disc and multi-video;
3. Convert video between 200+ formats freely;
4. Output video to a wide range of devices;
5. Able to download 1080P and 4K online videos from 100+ sites;
6. Burn video to DVD or AVCHD DVD;
7. Full-featured media player;
8. Rip and extract audio from CDs and videos;
9. Make video editing easy;
10. Create HTML5 video with embedding Code;
11. Make animated GIF from video.
The output format & device options are too complicated and technical for average users.
Official site: http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/
Check the logs: https://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/whatnew.html
Regarded as a top video converter, Prism Video Converter is a free video converter that is able to convert videos in a straightforward way.
1. Easy-to-handle interface and operation;
2. Can handle many types of files;
3. Support batch mode for conversion;
4. Enable users to adjust video settings such as compression and encoder rates, resolution, frame rate, etc.
5. Resize videos, enables to set the width and height;
6. Add watermark, text overlay, or rotate videos to the correct orientation;
7. Apart from video conversion, it can convert DVDs simply.
1. It may take much time to convert videos to some formats.
2. It doesn’t have some editing features and the audio extractor that most common video converters have.
Official site: https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
Check the logs: https://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/versions.html
In terms of best video converters, Freemake Video Converter is on the list and it is remarkable video converter software.
2. Compatible with Windows OS;
3. Convert local video and audio files to major key video formats;
4. Output your video to portable devices;
5. Provides some extra features like a simple editing process;
6. Easy to use;
7. Rip unprotected DVDs.
1. Provides third-party software during installation and too many ads;
2. Free version will have the Freemake logo added to your converted video;
3. Free version cannot convert video to MP3;
4. No longer supports online video downloads;
Official site: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
Check the logs: https://www.freemake.com/freemake_video_converter_changelog/
For people who work on multiple platforms, HandBrake would be a great choice and serve as the best video converter software.
1. Free and open source;
2. Convert video from nearly any format;
3. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac and Linux);
4. Rip uncommercial DVDs or BluRay sources;
5. Built-in device presets;
6. Support for subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT).
1. Limited output formats and devices (can only output as MP4, WEBM and MKV now);
2. Not stress the focal points, new users may take a while to get used to;
3. Soundtracks out of sync / not in sync with the picture sometimes;
4. Program crash.
Learn more about HandBrake video/DVD transcoding, you can check this HandBrake tutorial.
Official site: https://handbrake.fr/
Check the logs: https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Editor's Note: Koyote Free Video Converter has been removed from the list because its official site has shut down now and new update of the software hasn't been released for a quite long time.
Speaking of the best video converter free, FormatFactory cannot be ignored as it can help you convert different kinds of media files at one go and it can be regarded as one of the best convert software.
1. A free multimedia file conversion tool that can convert video/audio/image/DVD/CD;
2. Batch file conversion is capable;
4. Repair damaged video files.
Potentially unwanted programs during the installation (you need to deselect them manually)
Official site: http://pcfreetime.com/index.php?language=en
Check the logs: http://pcfreetime.com/formatfactory/index.php?language=en
If you are looking for a nice and simple video to file converter program, have a look at this DVDVideoSoft’s top product Free Video Converter.
2. Plain and simple interface;
3. Supports nearly any video input and major key formats outputs;
4. Convert video to SD/HD/FHD;
1. It has ads;
2. Promo watermark will be added on the output video
3. Light on features, unless you purchase the premium version.
Official site: https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-video-converter
Check the logs: https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/news/
The classic VSDC Free Video Converter is another good video conversion software to realize basic video conversions and editing process completely for free.
2. Convert video from all popular formats to various formats and device profiles;
3. Entry-level video editing: merge, split, and cut video;
4. Basic DVD ripping and burning features;
1. Do not support newer codecs, such as VP9 and H265, which is not efficient;
2. Outdated interface, might take much time for a new beginner to get started;
Official site: https://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-converter
Check the logs: https://www.videosoftdev.com/news
FFmpeg is the most powerful and all-purpose program for advanced users to do all kinds of multimedia tasks, including video and audio conversions, at no cost. Set aside the steep learning curve, it is the best free video converter available.
1. Free and open-source;
2. Consists of a large suite of libraries and programs for recording, converting, and streaming audio and video;
3. Supports all formats conversions;
4. Batch conversion mode;
5. Compatible with Linux, Mac OS, and Windows systems;
1. It is command-line-based program, not suitable for novices;
Official site: https://www.ffmpeg.org/
Check the logs: https://www.ffmpeg.org/index.html#news
This is the detailed review of the best free video converter. I believe you have got the best video converter for PC now. And read the following guide to get more information on the recommend Free HD Video Converter Factory.
You can directly get this video converter free download here. The user interface of the best free video converter software is easy to understand and intuitive to use, so that you can use the software once it has been installed on your PC.
Step 1: Select "Converter" on the home screen. Click “Add Files” or simply drag and drop the wanted videos to the program.
Step 2: Select a video output format or directly choose the gadget profile(like MP4, AVI, MKV) it provides. The converter supports standard formats and HD formats.
Tip: Directly choose profile means that if you don’t have much knowledge on video parameters, you can just select a device, as the program has already set optimized parameters in advance. But indeed, it allows custom settings. For instance, you are able to change resolution such as 1080P to 720P. In addition, if the original volume is too loud or too soft, fine-tunes the video volume is supported.
Step 3 (Optional): If you have editing requirements, it also meets your needs (Add subtitle, Rename video, Trim/Clip video, Cut, Crop, Merge videos…)
Step 4: Click “Run” to start converting with the best video converter for Windows PC, tablet, TV as well as portable devices.
Recommended WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro:
For those who require more flexible features on 4K/UHD video conversion, lossless audio formats and much faster conversion and downloading speed, you’d better try WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro - the professional, cheapest and fastest video converter. You’ll be surprised by its built-in leading video reducer. Say, you can compress 4K Ultra HD video with 50X faster speed and high quality but smaller output video size. Over and above, it has other characteristics that will impress you!
Install the advanced version here: https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/download/hd-video-converter-pro.exe
High-ranked and Recommended Software:
Want more powerful features? See here!
HD Video Converter Factory Pro is equipped with advanced High-Definition (HD) video conversion technology and fully supports hardware acceleration. It can help users convert videos from Standard-Definition (SD) to High-Definition (HD) like HD MP4, HD MKV, HD AVI, HD MTS, HD TRP, even 4k standard and also enables users to cut down the video size (convert HD videos to SD videos).
This HD conversion software supports the newest encoder H265(HEVC), VP9 and 500+ video formats. It can convert nearly all popular videos to virtually any video formats including SD video to HD video, for example, converting Multi-track HD video M2TS, MKV, AVCHD, HDTV BDAV and MPEG-TS and more to a wide range of popular video and audio formats.